Yes, I know I should be doing other things, but I really can't resist going for a ride just to se what I can see.
Today I decided not to go too far - the Vampires had me in this morning to take my blood, and by the time I came out, it was already really hot and sticky.
So I thought I'd just take Twinkle and go for a leisurely bimble around the triangle formed by Ashford, Faverham and Maidstone.
The first three churches were not open, so it was exterior shots only and I'll need to come back to them (Challock, Badlesmere and Sheldwich) These are quite close to home, so I can cover them whenever they're open without too much difficulty............................well, except for the shocking lane to the church at Challock. That one was bad in the dry, I hate to think what it will be like in the wet weather!
Then onto Elverton - only a ruin in the middle of a field, but well worth investigating. Even riding Twinkle along the track across the newly harvested cornfield was preferable to that lane at Challock!
Then it was on to Newnham. Deep joy, this church was open. And very nice it is too. There's a lot more to Newnham than just the church, so I will definitely be returning.
Probably not until it cools down a little though.....
No comments:
Post a Comment