The heat waves seem to be over, and the weather forecast is a little wet for the rest of the week. So it was out with the Yamaha and off to poke around the Isle of Thanet a bit more. If you want to see what the weather was like, go to Kent - Acol and just look at the colour of the sky. I honestly swear that it was a 'clean' shot - no filters were used. That blue was awesome!
My tyres on the Yamaha are beginning to show signs of wear and will be needing to be changed soon (penalty for using soft sports tyres). I did just over 80 miles today, so when I got home, I thought I'de better check them before I put the bike away.
Glad I did - huge piece of metal lodged in the rear one. It obviously hadn't gone all the way through because I had no feeling of tyre deflation. However, it does mean that I can't ride him until the tyres are changed.
Oh dear, more expense! So far this month it has been insurance on the Guerrilla, Insurance on the Yamaha, service on the Yamaha, MoT and service on the Monkey tomorrow, and service and MoT in a couple of weeks on Twinkle. Still, at least when they are all done, I don't have to worry for another year.
As for today's ride, there will be new pages for Acol, Minster-in-Thanet and St. Nicholas-at-Wade going up shortly.
Have you noticed that the trees seem to be changing colour a little early this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment