It would seem so, judging by the air temperatures this week. Really warm and sunny.
Not too good here at the Hacienda Tym however. Firstly, Twinkle needs an MoT and tax, so it was off to our mechanic to get the MoT done so that I can then tax it.
Unfortunately Tom spotted something was not right, and it was bad enough that to leave it meant it would not only not pass the MoT but was a potentially dangerous fault. So we're now waiting for a part that is apparently on back order.
That was on top of me having a really bad skin reaction to the dressing which covers the PICC line in my arm, and turning up at the hospital to find out that the motorcycle park has been ripped up and it will be built on. They don't seem to have given us riders an alternative either, so it was 'ride around in ever-decreasing circles until you spot a bike-sized gap and park in it.'
As usual, chemo maintenance on Monday left me feeling a bit 'meh', so I thought I'd cheer myself up and catch a train to London to see what I could find. With Twinkle away, that meant catching a bus to the railway station. The buses are supposed to run every 20 minutes, but after the first and the second ones didn't turn up, I gave up and went home.
In the end, I got Graham, my Yamaha out, and headed off with no real expectations of anything going right, and I ended up strolling around two very pretty Kentish villages. Wingham is a little spoilt by having the very busy A257 running through the middle of it, whereas Wickhambreaux is set amidst rural beauty and is almost devoid of through traffic.
So, I have around 85 pictures to disseminate and a lot of notes to make legible. I'm still not at my usual peak of activity, so please be patient for a couple of days whilst I sort out the noises in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment