Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent

Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent
Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent

Thursday 23 November 2023

In search of Richard Lovelace

 Well, at least a visit to Bethersden church, the parish of his home. 

I'll be updating the Kent page with all the pictures and more information on Lovelace this afternoon. But in the meantime, I just want to say, what a lovely morning I've had today.

Bethersden church has an open coffee morning on Thursdays. I arrived not knowing this, and I couldn't have been made more welcome. The coffee was delicious, the company excellent, and the cakes very tempting (although I did manage to resist)

I walked around the church 'doing my thing', and then went and sat at the long table with my cup of coffee. Within minutes, I was engaging in thoroughly enjoyable conversation with complete strangers, as though I'd known them all my life, and surrounded by doggies who were very interested in what was in my pocket. (Sorry Cali and Dakota, I've given away some more of your treats!)

Anyway, soon as I've finished a few investigations on what I found, I'll be updating the Kent1 page



No comments:

Post a Comment