Twinkle at Highland Court, Kent

Twinkle at Highland Court, Kent
Twinkle at Highland Court, Kent

Saturday 8 June 2024

The fair weather continues.................

 After last year's almost total wash-out, so far this year, I've been making a lot of headway on catching up with my history visits. This is my 3rd. trip out this week!

Today was a day for taking one of the smaller bikes, and finding strange churches in strange places.

Sadly, a lot of country churches are kept locked when not in use, due to them often being remote frim their villages. (The Black Death has a lot to answer for!)

One I went in, had a notice just inside which read: 'Are you exploring on your own? Do you have a mobile phone? Why not let someone know where you are?' 

These trips I do, are my chance to have some 'me' time - just doing what I like to do, and enjoying my own company. 

However, as I left the church, and turned to close the door, I tripped over a boot scraper and fell flat on my face.  That made me think - I was OK, only my pride was hurt. But what if I had banged my head and was unconscious? I could have laid there for days, and nobody would know.

So from now on, when I am off by myself exploring, every time I stop somewhere, I will text my location to my other half, so that he knows where I last was, and at what time.  You never know..........

I'm on my way now to begin updating the Kent2 page. And there's a lot to cover


No comments:

Post a Comment