Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent

Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent
Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent

Saturday 26 August 2023

Just for a change - Sussex.

 Yesterday I caught a train. Unusually for me, I took a train even though it was no great distance and the weather was good. But I was heading for Rye. At the moment, the bike park on the Strand at Rye is being used by a company that is working on the waterways down there and it has made access even more tricky than it usually is, and it occurred to me, that in all my years, I have never been on a train travelling on the old diesel line that goes down that way. We also have 2 of the bikes partially off the road at the moment.

Anyway - Rye. Rye is ancient, and has seen more than its' fair share of history. It was one of our major Cinque Ports, and, in the 14th. century, was attacked by the French and burnt to the ground. It was also a hotbed of smuggling activity, and they left quite a mark on the town.

It is also steep. Very steep............

I took LOTS of pictures. Such a beautiful and historic place deserves it. It took me 4 hours last night to update this blog, so head on over to the Sussex page, if you will, and see what I found

No comments:

Post a Comment