Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent

Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent
Twinkle at Orleston Church, Kent

Thursday 4 May 2023

Oops!

Today looked like a good day to explore Margate, and then drop down to Ramsgate to have a peek at a couple of sailing ships that are in the Royal Harbour at the moment. 

That was the plan, but it didn't all go without incident. For one thing, I think I need to replace the battery pack in my favourite camera. It seems to barely last a day now. 

Secondly, I managed to trip over an uneven flagstone, put out a hand instinctively to prevent myself from falling and slammed the back of my hand into a wall. Unfortunately, it was a very old flint wall, and I've done a bit of damage to my little finger. Luckily the skin isn't broken and there's no blood. However, it is very swollen, with a pronounced groove running diagonally across the swelling.

Went into a nearby cafe to get a coffee and wait to see if it was going to give me any problems riding the 40 or so miles home. The very nice lady not only brought me a really nice cup of coffee over, but she also produced an ice pack for my finger. That reduced the swelling measurably.

I'm just waiting to see how it is tomorrow................I don't think it's broken, which is good.

So, pictures of Margate on the Kent page, and the boats at Ramsgate on Kent2. I must do a walk around Ramsgate soon, and there is still more to explore in Margate.

No comments:

Post a Comment