Chesil Beach & the Fleet, Dorset

Chesil Beach & the Fleet, Dorset
Chesil Beach & the Fleet, Dorset

Thursday, 3 June 2010

SHROPSHIRE

I'm off out that way again soon, so, although this article is quite short at the moment, it will soon grow.

IRONBRIDGE GORGE

Described as 10 museums, 1 beautiful valley, the Ironbridge Gorge is a mass of surprises. From the lovely Iron Bridge itself, to the intriguing Blists Hill Living Museum, you don't have to go far to discover something new and exciting.
I loved Blists Hill. You can go in the Bank and exchange your modern currency for old pennies, and then spend them in some of the historic shops. I bought bread straight out of the oven at the baker's shop. It was hot, fresh and delicious just on its' own, with no butter or anything on it.
I also bought proper sugar mice, and starting at the head, as I used to do as a child, ended up walking around with the string 'tail' hanging out of the side of my mouth - only to literally bump into a gentleman with a bit of string hanging out of his mouth too!


No comments:

Post a Comment